Homemade Garlic Croutons

This last weekend, we celebrated my husbands 30th birthday here at home. We will be out of town for his birthday, which falls on the long weekend, but I wanted to make him a meal at home and not have to cook a large meal on a week night, feeling me?! So Saturday evening I cooked this meal:

Caesar Salad with Homemade Garlic Croutons and Parmesan Crisps
Emeril's Kicked Up Pasta with Four Cheeses
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Bars

I'm going to post the recipes with pictures and detailed directions and as I post them, I'll link to the above menu!

First Up: The homemade croutons!

Homemade Garlic Croutons



Ingredients:
8 slices Roasted Garlic Sourdough Bread*
2 Tbsp fresh garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning mix
1/4 cup Olive Oil
2 Tbsp kosher salt

* I live in Texas and our main grocery store is HEB. This is the one nice thing you will hear me say about HEB... they have this AMAZING Roasted Garlic Sourdough bread. AH-mazing! If you can't find a similar bread, just buy plain ol' sourdough - it's equally grand for the croutons!! *


Directions:
Cut bread into bite sized pieces.



Place in large bowl. Add chopped garlic, Italian Seasoning and olive oil. Toss within the bowl to coat evenly.



Line a cookie sheet with foil. Dump croutons onto cookie sheet and separate, making sure none touch.





Top with any leftover garlic and Italian Seasoning in bowl.

Place in oven at 400° for about 6 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove and sprinkle generously with kosher salt immediately.


You will want these to be room temperature when you serve them, so make them ahead of time... and they stay good for several days! Just place them in an airtight container (ziploc baggie, tupperware, etc.) and keep them in a nice, cool place! And be careful... only 1/2 of these actually made it to the table...! My husband ate the other half while I cooked dinner!! :0)